Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp
Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp was formed with the goal in mind of getting kids out of the house and onto the water to have fun and learn about their local fisheries. Our camp will run 5 days a week, 2 half day sessions per day and is offered to children between the ages of 8 and 16 and of all skills levels. We welcome and encourage first timers to participate!
New this year, we will be holding 10 sessions on both the Pelagic Beast I out of Norwalk and the Pelagic Beast II out of Stamford. The Pelagic Beast is a 32-foot Downeast style with a 12 foot beam and head (bathroom). It is equipped with Furuno electronics, including fish finder, GPS and Radar, and we use St Croix Rods and Avet reels. This boat has a cruising speed of 20 knots and comfortably fishes six passengers and three crew members. She will handle almost any weather the Northeast throws at us. There is a covered seating area to shelter you from the elements. The Pelagic Beast II out of Stamford is a 40-foot custom Jersey Dawn Sport Fisherman boat, with our client’s utmost comfort in mind. Amenities included but are not limited to; a fully equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, stove and microwave, as well as a full head (bathroom) and air-conditioned salon to come inside and escape the elements. We will be exploring the waters of the Long Island Sound, offering a complete, unique outdoor experience! Campers will be guided by Coast Guard licensed captains daily, teaching them the basic fundamentals needed to catch their own fish.
Safety is our utmost priority. All campers 12 and younger are required by the Coast Guard to wear life vests. As part of your session package life vests will be provided for all campers, however feel free to bring your own. Our captains are all licensed as required by the USCG in First aide and are CPR certified, with full background checks and random drug testing. Our boats are licensed and fully insured. Learn more about Our Captains or Our Boats or our other Trips & Rates.
What to expect:
- Professional guided fishing trips on the Long Island Sound by United States Coast
- Guard licensed captains
- Boating safety lessons, including use of GPS, fish finder and radar
- Fish identifications, as well as habitats, feeding preference and limits
- Lessons on different types of bait, live bait vs artificial, as well as different
- Methods to catch live bait such as cast netting, gill netting etc.
- Lessons of types of fishing methods such as drifting, trolling or anchoring
*Please note we strictly follow all local regulations, including bag limits, sizes and open seasons. We also encourage catch and release practices whenever possible.
Session Availability for 2019 season
|June 24th-June 28th||July 29th-August 2nd|
|July 1st-July 5th (excluding 4th of July)||August 5th-August 9th|
|July 8th-July 12th||August 12th-August 16th|
|July 15th-July 19th||August 19th-August 23rd|
|July 22nd-July 26th||August 26th-August 30th|
2 Half Day Sessions per day 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm Monday-Friday
|Included in package||Silver Package|
|½ day session of your choice||x||x||x|
|Fishing rod rental to use for the entire session||x||x||x|
|Bringing their catch home||x||x||x|
|Fishing rod of their own to keep||x||x|
|Tackle box of their own to keep||x||x|
|T-shirt for camper||x|
Suggested things to bring with you:
- Waterproof shoes or shoes that can get wet (we recommend non-skid or water
- A light jacket and or rain jacket/gear
- Change of clothes (the kids will get wet and messy)
- A small snack (peanut free only)
- Plenty of water
*Cell phones/ cameras are permitted on-board but we are not responsible for lost or damaged property.
*Please make sure all belongings are labeled with camper’s name.Policies/Refunds:
• Deposits are due via cash, check, credit or PayPal to complete registration.
• The remaining amount is due 30 days before your session start date.
• All deposits are non-refundable within 30 days to your session start date.
• We DO NOT fish in small craft advisories or when lightning, we typically
do fish in the rain (remember just because the weather on land looks nice, doesn’t
meant that it’s nice on the water)
• The captain maintains the right to make a weather call if unforeseen weather
circumstances occur while out on the water (if we need to come back into shore
due to weather, we will remain inside the boat at the dock and will play games and
have lessons on boat safety and electronics)
• In complete day rain outs, individual camp days will be canceled. In these
cases, you will be given the option of a daily refund or daily camp credits. We will
try our best to notify you of rainouts the evening before.
• If a tropical storm or hurricane interferes with any session, the camp could
be rescheduled or full refunds will be honored.Camper Behavior:
∙ Safety is our utmost priority, we have the right to deny any camper fishing time due to poor behavior Be sure to reserve your child’s spot now, space is limited! Call us for reservations 914-216-4899 or Contact Us