Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp
Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp was formed with the goal in mind of getting kids out of the house and onto the water to have fun and learn about their local fisheries. Our camp will run 5 days a week, 1 half day session per day, with a special evening session for children 12 and up. Our camp is offered to children between the ages of 8 and 16 and of all skill levels. Custom or private sessions will be available with 4 or more children by request. We welcome and encourage first timers to participate!
We will be holding sessions on both the Pelagic Beast out of Norwalk located at Oyster Bend Marina 23 Platt St Norwalk CT 06855 and the Pelagic Beast III out of Stamford located at Seaview House Marina 70 Seaview Ave Stamford CT 06902.
Please note, the location for the Stamford boat has changed from last year!
We will be exploring the waters of the Long Island Sound, offering a complete, unique outdoor experience! Campers will be guided by Coast Guard licensed captains daily, teaching them the basic fundamentals needed to catch their own fish.
Safety is our utmost priority. All campers are required to wear life vests while on board. As part of your session package life vests will be provided for all campers, however feel free to bring your own. Our captains are all licensed as required by the USCG in First aide and are CPR certified, with full background checks and random drug testing. Our boats are licensed and fully insured. Learn more about Our Captains, Our Boats or our other Trips & Rates.
- Professional guided fishing trips on the Long Island Sound
- Coast Guard licensed captains
- Boating safety lessons, including use of GPS, fish finder and radar
- Fish identifications, as well as habitats, feeding preference and limits
- Lessons on different types of bait, live bait vs artificial, as well as different methods to catch live bait such as cast netting, gill netting etc.
- Lessons of types of fishing methods such as drifting, trolling or anchoring
*Please note we strictly follow all local regulations, including bag limits, sizes and open seasons. We also encourage catch and release practices whenever possible.
Session Availability for 2020 season
(Please make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the session start time, the boats will not wait for anyone who is late)
***PLEASE NOTE: ADDITIONAL SESSIONS HAVE BEEN ADDED IN AUGUST, PLEASE CHECK THE REGISTRATION PAGES FOR AVAILABLE SESSIONS ON EACH BOAT ***
|June 22nd – June 26th||✔||✔ STAMFORD ONLY|
|June 29th – July 3rd||✔|
|July 6th – July 10th||✔||✔ NORWALK ONLY|
|July 13th – July 17th||✔|
|July 20th – July 24th||✔|
|July 27th – July 31st||✔|
Session Packages & Prices
|Included in package:||Silver Package$600/wk||Gold Package$675/wk||Platinum Package$750/wk|
|½ day session of your choice||x||x||x|
|Fishing rod rental to use for the entire session||x||x||x|
|Bringing their catch home||x||x||x|
|Fishing rod of their own to keep||x||x|
|Tackle box of their own to keep||x||x|
|T-shirt for camper||x|
Suggested things to bring with you:
- Waterproof shoes or shoes that can get wet (we recommend non-skid or water
- A light jacket and or rain jacket/gear
- Change of clothes (the kids will get wet and messy)
- A small snack (peanut free only)
- Plenty of water
*Cell phones/ cameras are permitted on-board but we are not responsible for lost or damaged property.
*Please make sure all belongings are labeled with camper’s name.
• Deposits are due via credit card or PayPal to complete registration.
• The remaining amount is due 30 days before your session start date.
• All sessions are NON REFUNDABLE unless we can fill your child’s spot
• We DO NOT fish in small craft advisories or when lightning, we typically
do fish in the rain (remember just because the weather on land looks nice, doesn’t
meant that it’s nice on the water)
• The captain maintains the right to make a weather call if unforeseen weather
circumstances occur while out on the water (if we need to come back into shore
due to weather, we will remain inside the boat at the dock and will play games and
have lessons on boat safety and electronics) These sessions will NOT be made up and will count as a completed camp day.
• In complete day rain outs, individual camp days will be canceled. In these
cases, you will be given the opportunity to attend a makeup session at a later date. We will
try our best to notify you of rain outs the evening before.• If a tropical storm or hurricane interferes with any session, the camp could
be rescheduled or full refunds will be honored.
∙ Safety is our utmost priority, we have the right to deny any camper fishing time due to poor behavior
Be sure to reserve your child’s spot now, space is limited!