Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp
Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp was formed with the goal in mind of getting kids out of the house and onto the water to have fun and learn about their local fisheries. Our camp will run 5 days a week, 2 half day sessions per day and is offered to children between the ages of 8 and 16 and of all skills levels. We welcome and encourage first timers to participate!
For the 2018 Season we will offer one week (5 days Mon-Fri) of camp with your choice of the four hour morning or afternoon session. The price for the camp is $595 per participant which includes one four hour session per day. If you are interested in a longer session, special arrangements can be made, please contact us for additional information.
The camp will be held on the Pelagic Beast II, a 40 foot custom Jersey Dawn Sport Fisherman boat, with our client’s utmost comfort in mind. Amenities included but are not limited to; a fully equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, stove and microwave, as well as a full head (bathroom) and air conditioned salon to come inside and escape the elements. We will be exploring the waters of the Long Island Sound, offering a complete, unique outdoor experience! Campers will be guided by Coast Guard licensed captains daily, teaching them the basic fundamentals needed
to catch their own fish.
Safety is our utmost priority. All campers 12 and younger are required by the Coast Guard to wear life vests. As part of your session package life vests will be provided for all campers, however feel free to bring your own. Our captains are all licensed as required by the USCG in First aide and are CPR certified, with full background checks and random drug testing. Our boats are licensed and fully insured. Learn more about Our Captains or Our Boats or our other Trips & Rates.
What to expect:
- Professional guided fishing trips on the Long Island Sound by United States Coast
- Guard licensed captains
- Boating safety lessons, including use of GPS, fish finder and radar
- Fish identifications, as well as habitats, feeding preference and limits
- Lessons on different types of bait, live bait vs artificial, as well as different
- Methods to catch live bait such as cast netting, gill netting etc.
- Lessons of types of fishing methods such as drifting, trolling or anchoring
*Please note we strictly follow all local regulations, including bag limits, sizes and open seasons. We also encourage catch and release practices whenever possible.
Session Availability for 2018 season
2 Half Day Sessions per day 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm Monday-Friday
*Please note: Sessions 1 & 2 will be out of our Norwalk location and will be from 9:30am-1:30pm and 2:30pm-6:30pm all other sessions will be out of our Stamford location
WE HAVE ADDED AN ADDITIONAL SESSION TO OUR NORWALK LOCATION JULY 16TH-JULY 20TH 8AM-12AM- SPOTS AVAILABLE
Cost is $595 per camper which includes the following:
- All fishing tackle for the camper to use
- End of session “high hook” and “biggest catch” prizes
- Free t-shirt per camper
- Campers can keep the fish they catch. We will send home fish filleted and prepared to eat (with parental permission)
Suggested things to bring with you:
- Waterproof shoes or shoes that can get wet (we recommend non-skid or water
- A light jacket and or rain jacket/gear
- Change of clothes (the kids will get wet and messy)
- A small snack (peanut free only)
- Plenty of water
*Cell phones/ cameras are permitted on-board but we are not responsible for lost or damaged property.
*Please make sure all belongings are labeled with camper’s name.
• Deposits are due via cash, check, credit or PayPal to complete registration.
• The remaining amount is due 30 days before your session start date.
• All deposits are non-refundable within 30 days to your session start date.
• We DO NOT fish in small craft advisories or when lightning, we typically
do fish in the rain (remember just because the weather on land looks nice, doesn’t
meant that it’s nice on the water)
• The captain maintains the right to make a weather call if unforeseen weather
circumstances occur while out on the water (if we need to come back into shore
due to weather, we will remain inside the boat at the dock and will play games and
have lessons on boat safety and electronics)
• In complete day rain outs, individual camp days will be canceled. In these
cases, you will be given the option of a daily refund or daily camp credits. We will
try our best to notify you of rainouts the evening before.
• If a tropical storm or hurricane interferes with any session, the camp could
be rescheduled or full refunds will be honored.
∙ Safety is our utmost priority, we have the right to deny any camper fishing time due to poor behavior