Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp
Pelagic Kids Fishing Camp was formed with the goal in mind of getting kids out of the house and onto the water to have fun and learn about their local fisheries. Our camp will run 5 days a week, 1 half day session per day, with a special evening session for children 12 and up. Our camp is offered to children between the ages of 8 and 18 and of all skill levels. We welcome and encourage first timers to participate!
We will be holding sessions on both the Pelagic Beast out of Norwalk located at Oyster Bend Marina 23 Platt St Norwalk CT 06855, the Pelagic Beast II out of Safe Harbor Yacht Haven 181 Harbor Drive Stamford CT 06902- entrance into the parking garage is located below building 262 Pier 11
We will be exploring the waters of the Long Island Sound, offering a complete, unique outdoor experience! Campers will be guided by Coast Guard licensed captains daily, teaching them the basic fundamentals needed to catch their own fish.
Safety is our utmost priority. All campers are required to wear life vests while on board. As part of your session package life vests will be provided for all campers, however feel free to bring your own. Our captains are all licensed as required by the United States Coast Guard in First aid and are CPR certified, with full background checks and random drug testing. Our boats are licensed and fully insured. Learn more about Our Captains, Our Boats or our other Trips & Rates.
- Professional guided fishing trips on the Long Island Sound
- Coast Guard licensed captains
- Boating safety lessons, including use of GPS, fish finder and radar
- Fish identifications, as well as habitats, feeding preference and limits
- Lessons on different types of bait, live bait vs artificial, as well as different methods to catch live bait such as cast netting, gill netting etc.
- Lessons of types of fishing methods such as drifting, trolling or anchoring
*Please note we strictly follow all local regulations, including bag limits, sizes and open seasons. We also encourage catch and release practices whenever possible.
Session Availability for 2022 (Now Open for Registrations)
Please note: Custom private sessions are available all summer long. Instead of sharing the boat with other children, a private session would be just for your child and their friends only. The discounted price for a custom private session is $3800 and is for up to 6 children. The price remains the same no matter the number of children but not to exceed a total of 6. Please call to book a private custom session today! 914 216-4899
Be sure to reserve your child’s spot now, space is limited!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD TODAY!
registration for 2022 is now open
(Please make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the session start time, the boats will not wait for anyone who is late!)
|DATES||Afternoon session 1:00pm – 5:00pm |
|May 16th-May 20th|
|May 23rd- May 27th|
|June 6th-June 10th||✔|
|June 13th-June 17th||✔|
|June 20th-June 24th||✔||✔||✔|
|June 27th – July 1st||✔||✔||✔|
|July 11th- July 15th||✔||✔|
|July 18th- July 22nd||✔||✔|
|July 25th-July 29th||✔||✔|
|August 1st- August 5th||✔||✔|
|August 8th- August 12th||✔||✔|
|August 15th – August 19th||✔||✔|
|August 22nd- August 26th||✔||✔|
|Included:||$675 per child|
|½ day session of your choice||x|
|Fishing rod rental to use for the entire session||x|
|Bringing their catch home||x|
Suggested things to bring with you:
- Waterproof shoes or shoes that can get wet (we recommend non-skid or water
- A light jacket and or rain jacket/gear
- Change of clothes (the kids will get wet and messy)
- A small snack (peanut free only)
- Plenty of water
*Cell phones/ cameras are permitted on-board but we are not responsible for lost or damaged property.
*Please make sure all belongings are labeled with camper’s name.
• $150 Deposit is due via credit card to complete registration.
• The remaining amount is due 7 days before your session start date.
• All sessions are NON REFUNDABLE unless we can fill your child’s spot
• We DO NOT fish in small craft advisories or when lightning, we typically
do fish in the rain (remember just because the weather on land looks nice, doesn’t
meant that it’s nice on the water)
• The captain maintains the right to make a weather call if unforeseen weather
circumstances occur while out on the water (if we need to come back into shore
due to weather, we will remain inside the boat at the dock and will play games and
have lessons on boat safety and electronics) These sessions will NOT be made up and will count as a completed camp day.
• In complete day rain outs, individual camp days will be canceled. In these
cases, you will be given the opportunity to attend a makeup session of our choice at a later date (most likely will be weekends in September) If you are unable to attend a makeup session we will try out best to find one that works for you but cannot guarantee it. NO REFUNDS WILL BE HONORED. We will
try our best to notify you of rain outs the evening before.• If a tropical storm or hurricane interferes with any full week session, the camp could
be rescheduled or full refunds will be honored.
• If your child damages any equipment or drops a rod and reel combo into the water and we are unable to retrieve it, you will be responsible for the cost of it.
∙ Safety is our utmost priority, we have the right to deny any camper fishing time due to poor behavior. If the poor behavior continues or is so extreme, we reserve the right to bring that child back to the dock and will expect them to be picked up promptly and or not return the next day for camp.